How do I set Microsoft Outlook Express?
Posted by Alpha Daramy on 24 January 2008 01:46 AM
To set up Microsoft Outlook Express:
- Open Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Mail tab to open a list of your mail accounts.
- Click the Add > button and select the Mail item.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in any messages you send, and click Next >.
- Type your e-mail address created through Plesk (for example, email@example.com), and click Next >.
- Select the protocol of your incoming mail server.
Although Plesk supports both POP3 and IMAP protocols, we recommend that you select IMAP because this leaves your e-mail on the mail server so that it can later be accessed from other locations and by other methods, for example, browser based Webmail.
- Specify the mail servers incoming and outgoing (usually they are: mail.your-domain.com), and click Next >.
- Type your e-mail address in the Account name box (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Type your password. This should be the password that you specified during creation of the mailbox through Plesk.
- Leave the Remember password box checked, if you do not wish to be prompted to enter password each time your e-mail program connects to the mail server to check for new mail, and click Next >.
- To complete setting up your e-mail program, click Finish.
- Go to Tools > Accounts. Click the Mail tab and double click the account you just added (mail.your-domain.com)
- Click the Servers tab, check "My server requires authentication," and click the Settings button.
- Click "Use same settings as my incoming mail server."
- Click OK, and OK again.