How do I backup and restore Windows data?
Posted by Alpha Daramy on 23 October 2008 01:56 PM
To back up the domain data, follow these steps:
1. Click the
2. To create a backup file and store it in the repository, select the "create backup file and store in local repository" option.
To create the backup file and store it on the remote FTP server, select the "create the backup file and store on remote FTP server" option.
To create a backup file and download it to your local machine without storing it in the backup files repository, select the "do not store the backup file in repository, only download it" option.
3. To create a multivolume backup, select the "Create a multivolume backup" check box and specify size of each volume in megabytes.
4. If you have chosen to save your backup file to remote FTP server:
5. Type in your comments or backup file description in the "Comments" text field.
6. If you wish to receive notifications of backup procedures start and completion, select the "Notify by e-mail" check box and specify the e-mail address.
7. Click Back Up.
To restore a domain, follow these steps:
1. Click the
2. Select the desired backup file from the list clicking on its file name. The backup file information page will open displaying the domain configuration to be restored.
3. If desired, enter an e-mail and select the checkbox to enable the notification.
Select the IP address to be used for restoring the domain data.
4. Click Restore.
Please see this video tutorial for the details:
In order to migrate data via Plesk from your old hosting provider your new hosting provider you can create a backup of data from Plesk with old hosting & then restore it to your new hosting provider.